When it comes to the health of your eyes, choose the physicians who specialize in eye and vision care: choose an ophthalmologist. At Scott Eye Care, Dr. Winston Scott and Dr. Jessica Scott are highly trained and experienced ophthalmologists who provide medical and surgical care for patients with a wide variety of eye conditions and disorders.
If you have high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, or lupus, you need to pay special attention to the health of your eyes. Our doctors can help you. We will thoroughly review your medical history and current medications to help identify, treat, and prevent potential eye issues.
We use state-of-the-art technology that allows many procedures to be conducted right in our office. We also perform surgeries at Carewell Health Medical Center (formerly East Orange General Hospital), Livingston Surgery Center and Clara Maass Medical Center.
- Our advanced on-site services include:
- Optos ultra-widefield retinal imaging camera to screen for, diagnose, and monitor the progression of eye disease
- Computerized Humphrey visual field exam
- Cirrus HD-OCT nerve fiber and macula imaging to measure the thickness of the optic nerve when checking for glaucoma
- Autorefractor to determine the correct eyeglass lens prescription for your eyes
- Lensometer to check your prescription glasses
- Automated color vision to diagnose color blindness
- Non-contact tonometry to measure pressure within the eye when checking for glaucoma
- Computerized corneal topography to detect corneal conditions
- YAG laser for capsulotomy and laser iridotomy
- Argon laser for laser iridotomy and diabetic eye disease
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty for glaucoma management.
Eye Conditions We Treat
The ophthalmologists at Scott Eye Care can diagnose and treat a wide spectrum of eye conditions, including:
- Blepharitis (inflammation of the entire eyelid)
- Corneal abrasions & ulcers
- Crossed eyes (strabismus)
- Detached retina
- Double vision
- Dry eye
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Foreign bodies in the eye
- Lazy eye (amblyopia)
- Macular degeneration
- Macular edema
- Presbyopia (which often requires the need for reading glasses)
- Skin tags in the eye area
- Styes (swelling in one area of the eyelid)
- Trauma to the eye
Ophthalmologists in East Orange, NJ
If you want your vision to be the best it can be, trust your eye health to ophthalmologists like Dr. Winston Scott and Dr. Jessica Scott at Scott Eye Care in East Orange, New Jersey. They are specially trained and experienced in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of all types of eye disorders and vision problems.
Come for a routine eye exam and to update your eyeglasses at our in-house optical shop. During your eye exam, our ophthalmologists will take the time to ensure you are screened for common eye ailments – so that these problems can be identified early on, when treatment is much more likely to be successful.
At Scott Eye Care in East Orange, New Jersey, we take eye health seriously. Shouldn’t you? Call us at (973) 674-1070 to schedule an appointment with one of our ophthalmology specialists. You can also use our secure online form to request an appointment now.
Medical & Surgical Eye Care
When you visit Scott Eye Care, you gain access to the full range of ophthalmology services we offer. This includes routine eye exams and correction for common refractive errors – nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism – and treatment for vision-impairing disorders such as glaucoma, diabetic retinopathy, and cataracts.